Diabro

Please help

Greetings,

I am sorry I do not speak Polish but I have a Polish domain name that I would like to get help with.

My domain(s) are Londyn(.)com and Londyn(.)net.

Would anyone have experience to give me an approximate value of these domains?

I understand that the .PL ccTLD would be best for this but I have had offers in the past.

Also I would be interested in developing these domains but I would need a native Polish developer, preferably someone with experience in the subject matter I am dealing with.

Thank you for any help you can provide. :)

Edited by Diabro

750-1000 USD

Thank you sylyx. :)

Anyone else for appraisal?

Also I am looking to develop so anyone with ideas or experience I would be very happy to hear some ideas.

It is currently getting about 250 unique visitors a month, which I figure to be nice.

sorry for my English...

I think that 1100 - 1500 EUR will be good price for londyn.com, now isn' t the best time to sell your domain, if you don' t need mooney now, you should wait for customers.

Londyn.net - I think near 300-400 EUR only when somebody very want to buy this domain.

Edited by Pan_Grzegorz

Excuse Me?

sylyx:

750-1000 USD?

Pan_Grzegorz:

1100 - 1500 EUR?

swoj-chlop:

1500-2000EUR is minimum!?

For who?

Diabro:

Max. 200 USD :)

WielkaBrytania.com

Anglia.com

Those domains can be worth 1k EURO :)

lol Cabona. My offer is 500. :)

Sorry, but i dont see commercial potential in Londyn.Com and Londyn.Net :-)

Guest Michal

lol

then you have a major problem

site for polish people who live in London or for company that makes travel to London

Edited by Pan_Grzegorz

lol

then you have a major problem

Please help me :)

Who can pay for Londyn.com minimum 1500-2000EUR?

site for polish people who live in London or for company that make travel to London

You really believe that polish immigrants will pay 2.000 EUR = 1.500 pounds = 6.500 PLN for domain name?

Im not so sure about that :)

Travel to London?

Number of Polish immigrants workers arriving from countries such as Poland falling since this year :)

Edited by cabona

sorry for my English...

I think that 1100 - 1500 EUR will be good price for londyn.com, now isn' t the best time to sell your domain, if you don' t need mooney now, you should wait for customers.

Londyn.net - I think near 300-400 EUR only when somebody very want to buy this domain.

Thank you Pan_Grzegorz. I think I am going to hold it for while and try to develop it. :)

You now, how big is polish community in London?

PolskiLondyn.pl

Londynek.net

They dont need domain names for 2k EURO to make better community ... ohh sorry - more prestige :)

Thank you swoj-chlop, cabona and Michal. I appreciate all of your comments.

A name is only worth what someone will pay for it. But I do not have as much of an informed opinion as everyone here so I appreciate all of the answers.

Edited by Diabro

Please help me :)

Who can pay for Londyn.com minimum 1500-2000EUR?

I had an offer for $7,000 USD a number of years ago. This was before the Polish ccTLD opened up.

Last week I had an offer of $2,000 USD on SEDO but I was hoping it would be more with the growing business ties between Poland and the UK. :)

2000$ ~ 1270€ ;P

:) I know. :)

But the Polish economy is strong and I have read that it is getting stronger based on work force and location?

They are even predicting a mild slow down but that will be short and then it will pick up steam again?

You really believe that polish immigrants will pay 2.000 EUR = 1.500 pounds = 6.500 PLN for domain name?

Yes I' m shore, site with forum, job offers, information for emigrants that guarantee success - do you know how many companies would to buy advertising - polish shops, travel agencies, job agencies, lokal pubs, maybe cheap air lines?

I had an offer for $7,000 USD a number of years ago. This was before the Polish ccTLD opened up.

Last week I had an offer of $2,000 USD on SEDO but I was hoping it would be more with the growing business ties between Poland and the UK. :)

2.000 USD its very good price for this domain name. Why?

Right now situation in United Kingdom is different.

About 1 million polish people have come to work in the UK from our country after Poland joined European Union in 2004.

It is believed low salaries in Poland, sometimes around £200 a month, is one reason the Poles are attracted to working the UK.

But at the moment, due the salaries rise in Poland and decrease of GBH exchange rates (2 years ago 1 pound was worth 6 PLN, now its only 4 PLN) there is sign of a slowdown in the migration flow and even thousands of Poles come back to Poland :)

Yes I' m shore, site with forum, job offers, information for emigrants that guarantee success - do you know how many companies would to buy advertising - polish shops, travel agencies, job agencies, lokal pubs, maybe cheap air lines?

You wish :)

My friend run wegpage about polish community in one of the British town and its not so easy to find companies which gonna pay for adv.

Traffic min. 1k uv per day and good number of views per day - this is the goal.

Londyn.pl <- that can be worth 7.000 USD (type-in traffic etc) not *.com :)

You wish :)

My friend run wegpage about polish community in one of the British town and its not so easy to find companies which gonna pay for adv.

Traffic min. 1k uv per day and good number of views per day - this is the goal.

I'm thinking abaut profesional portal.

Londyn.pl <- that can be worth 7.000 USD (type-in traffic etc) not *.com :)

londyn.com is universal domain name, londyn + .pl - that isn't good, I prefer .com in this situation

.pl ccTLD is not always the best, imho in many situation for example .tv or .org is better, in this example .com is ok

Edited by Pan_Grzegorz

I'm thinking abaut profesional portal.

londyn.com is universal domain name, londyn + .pl - that isn't good, I prefer .com in this situation

.pl ccTLD is not always the best, imho in many situation for example .tv or .org is better, in this example .com is ok

I think that the .com in this case also opens it up to British sales. Or at least I am hoping. :)

Thank you everyone for your opinions and in July I am going to start to develop this site so we will see what happens. :)

You are somewhat in suspension between .pl and .co.uk

Also your domain is geographically limited to one town.

.com would suggest more international use, but with polish word and specific targeting, this name will be appealing to relatively small group of users.

You will need to invest serious cash via good advertising channels to generate solid traffic that could be converted into cash either via ads or PPC.

IMHO if you are ready to sell it, those offers you mentioned are pretty good. If you want to develop it, be prepared for extra costs and at least 6-12 months of good promotions.